Zucchini Bread

Zucchini Bread

Ok, so I don't normally blog about recipes nor am I a professional food blogger / photo taker.  But .. this I do have to share.  

I have to thank the guy at work who brought in bread then wrote down the recipe and gave it to another guy who copied and passed it along to my dear hubby.  


This was my first attempt.  It was wonderful.  So I proceeded to make 3 more loaves of which only 2 are left of the total of 4 that I made yesterday. 


oh, and Yes, that is a fire extinguisher in the background.. apparently, since I started a fire on the stove the other week, my hubby decided that I needed a new, working (since the one under the sink isn't working) fire extinguisher in arms reach.. that's why is it on the counter.


So.. There is a secret to this wonderful, fabulous, I will always make this recipe kind of bread.  And here it is.



Yup!!  PUDDING!  I had to buy this brand because that was all that my store had and I didn't feel like dragging the kids to another store to find another brand.  

Ok.  here is it and I hope you enjoy.

Zucchini Bread

1 egg
1 cup sugar
1 cup grated unpeeled zucchini
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 vanilla cup pudding (3.25 oz)

~Combine egg, sugar, zucchini and oil and mix by hand.  DO NOT USE A POWER MIXER!!

~add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and stir JUST UNTIL MOIST!!  It is important to not over mix.  The batter will be lumpy.. it is fine.. leave it alone!

~stir in one pudding cup and stir just until blended.

~Bake 350 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes ( I actually had to bake mine for 50 minutes) or until tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Eat and Enjoy!!

*For a variation, add 1/2 bakers coca to dry ingredients and use 1 cup chocolate pudding cup*

yum!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

A Pocket!!