Shopping
Today I realized: I have been shopping at the WRONG stores.
A typical shopping trip usually ends with me frustrated, running to get through the store, avoiding eye contact with anyone so as to avoid the dreaded questions / comments concerning my family.
"My you have your hands full" - yes they are full at the moment -I have my shopping list, cell phone, pen and the boxes of cereal I just grabbed off the shelf all while trying to keep a 2 yr old in the cart and not grabbing her own choice of groceries off the shelf.
"How do you do it?" Well, I just keep moving... "just keep swimming, just keep swimming.." and yes you will be sucessful too.
"You know your son is slobbering?" or "Is your son ok?" Yes, my son is fine thanks for your concern. He is 4 and still is stubborn and chooses to play with his spit instead of toys. It is entertaining but I don't suggest trying it.. it gets messy.
And then there are those that just look...
Yes, I did just pull into a handicapped parking spot - no I know I walk and move just fine but my son however, does not. yes, I really have 6 children and YES they are all mine. Yes, I know what causes them and yes, I enjoyed being pregnant with every and all of them. Yes, I know 3 of them are running to the end of the aisle - they are dragons and are out hunting. You would be running too if you had to catch your food. And yes, I am really buying 6 gallons of milk and no, it won't last all week. I will be back doing this all again in about 5 days. If I had more arms, I would be able to chase a 2 yr old, wipe spit, get groceries and push a second cart so I only had to venture out once a week all while holding a 5 month old who suddenly realizes that she has to be held if mom is in her line of vision.
No wonder I am tired and want a big bowl of ice cream...
Ok, so today.. I went to Hobby Lobby! Nice people really do exist!! Someone opened the door for me and I got more comments about how cute the kids are and how fun it must be to have them!
I think it is time to choose a different place to get my shopping done. Too bad Hobby Lobby doesn't have groceries.
A typical shopping trip usually ends with me frustrated, running to get through the store, avoiding eye contact with anyone so as to avoid the dreaded questions / comments concerning my family.
"My you have your hands full" - yes they are full at the moment -I have my shopping list, cell phone, pen and the boxes of cereal I just grabbed off the shelf all while trying to keep a 2 yr old in the cart and not grabbing her own choice of groceries off the shelf.
"How do you do it?" Well, I just keep moving... "just keep swimming, just keep swimming.." and yes you will be sucessful too.
"You know your son is slobbering?" or "Is your son ok?" Yes, my son is fine thanks for your concern. He is 4 and still is stubborn and chooses to play with his spit instead of toys. It is entertaining but I don't suggest trying it.. it gets messy.
And then there are those that just look...
Yes, I did just pull into a handicapped parking spot - no I know I walk and move just fine but my son however, does not. yes, I really have 6 children and YES they are all mine. Yes, I know what causes them and yes, I enjoyed being pregnant with every and all of them. Yes, I know 3 of them are running to the end of the aisle - they are dragons and are out hunting. You would be running too if you had to catch your food. And yes, I am really buying 6 gallons of milk and no, it won't last all week. I will be back doing this all again in about 5 days. If I had more arms, I would be able to chase a 2 yr old, wipe spit, get groceries and push a second cart so I only had to venture out once a week all while holding a 5 month old who suddenly realizes that she has to be held if mom is in her line of vision.
No wonder I am tired and want a big bowl of ice cream...
Ok, so today.. I went to Hobby Lobby! Nice people really do exist!! Someone opened the door for me and I got more comments about how cute the kids are and how fun it must be to have them!
I think it is time to choose a different place to get my shopping done. Too bad Hobby Lobby doesn't have groceries.

Cute post! I only have four kids, and I get that question (Are they all yours?) all too often!
ReplyDeleteI love the family picture. :)