Busy

I have always told the kids that if there is something that they would like to be involved in, I would do everything I could to support them.  Today, as I reflected our schedule, I thought that I would give you a glimpse at our family... I told them that even though there are 6 of them, or because one has multiple disabilities, I would do what I could to let them be involved in different things.   I choose to be busy so that my children can experience different things..  here goes:

Sunday:  Every Sunday, we feed our ward's missionaries.  I remember when my brothers were serving their missions and I heard about the families that took care of them.  I want to be able to help a family waiting at home so they know that their son's are being watched over here.  Also on Sunday, we attend church.  I love being the Nursery leader.  I love being able to teach the wee li'l ones each week.  These two activities take up most of my Sunday but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Monday:  The kids get home about 3:30 then we head out.  Swimming lessons.  Alexia, Christian, Sarah and Kaylee all have swimming lessons. This time around, we are only there from 4-5.  Head home and eat, homework then we might have time for a mini lesson - family home evening- then bed.  

Tuesday:  Christian has tutoring with an amazing teacher from 4:30 - 5:30 after which we jump in the car to head to gymnastics.  While Sarah and Alexia are in gymnastics, Christian and I work on homework while I entertain Kaylee, Emma, and Brayden.  I am glad that the rec center has long halls that we can run up and down and play games in.

Wednesday:  Swimming lessons again, then off to Scouts and Achievement Days for Christian and Alexia.  This is our long night ... homework has to be squeezed in between lessons and the car ride between them and then there is dinner... normally happens after scouts.

Thursday:  Pretty much the same as Tuesday

Friday:  Well, Friday is an open night after school.  Depending on how tired I am, we normally let the kids have a slumber party in the living room for bed.

Saturday:  This is the day where anything that didn't get done during the week, I try to squeeze it in here.  

And this is just after school with the kids.  In the mean time, there is the house to clean, laundry to be done, get the kids to school and home, therapy with Brayden 5 mornings a week, and sometime in there, I go shopping for groceries and on rare occasions I might get a nap!

Alexia just told me that she wants to do orchestra.. this year it is during school hours so that fits nice.  Sarah wants to do ballet and tap...  well, we have an opening on Saturday mornings.. Christian wants to do Karate - humm...  Saturday afternoon???  

Richard works 6 days a week so unfortunately he is not able to be at most of the activities, but he fills in when he can.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

A Pocket!!

Zucchini Bread