Teaching Children

Teaching Children

I just felt that I needed to get some thoughts down. 

First, I feel that the first place for a child to learn is in the home.  Here they should be able to receive the basis of anything that will then lead them to expand and grow and eventually (hopefully) be able to be successful, independent people. 
I strongly feel that the principles that we expect our children to know at church, as well, need to be started in the home and by watching the parents as they serve.  The safety of having a parent walk with you to the pulpit and stand by you to support you as they whisper promptings so you can bear your testimony.  They gain the confidence as time goes on and will at some point have their own strength to be able to do it on their own.  What better way to learn than to have the strength of your mom or dad by your side as you are growing.  It is not the responsibility of the Primary or other church leaders to teach our children the things that we as parents are supposed to and are counseled to do in the home. 

Our children are gifts from God and we have been given the sacred responsibility to help them know their Father in Heaven.  I will do everything in my power to protect my children from the cruelty of the world.  

No one can have power over me - I am strong and a good mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

A Pocket!!

Zucchini Bread