Our Business

"This is a case of someone sticking their nose in someplace where it doesn't belong."


Let me explain,

We recently had the privilege of meeting Kelly from Social Services.  Yes, someone called and made a report on myself and my daughter.  After a week investigation, I now have from the state APPROVAL that we are doing a good job in raising our family and may I quote "I wish that there were more families that are like yours."

I am still in shock that someone, yes, it is anonymous, felt that they needed to call the state and waste the time on something that is not even an issue where there are MORE pressing issues that this case worker needed to focus on - situations where someone truly is at risk.  And might I just quote again,

"This is a case of someone sticking their nose in someplace where it doesn't belong."


Had this person actually talked with me or my husband, they would have understood, but on the downside, I would not have had the privilege of meeting this wonderful lady from social services. 

Why am I writing about this and bringing this to other's attention?  Let me just quote from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf from the April 2012 General Conference

"Brothers and sisters, let us put down our stones.
Let us be kind.
Let us forgive.
Let us talk peacefully with each other.
Let the love of God fill our hearts.
“Let us do good unto all men.”13
The Savior promised: “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over. … For with the same measure that [you use] it shall be measured to you again.”14
Shouldn’t this promise be enough to always focus our efforts on acts of kindness, forgiveness, and charity instead of on any negative behavior?
Let us, as disciples of Jesus Christ, return good for evil.15 Let us not seek revenge or allow our wrath to overcome us."

Again, I am going to just say... our family is strong.. we will push through everything and this is just another adventure that we can add to our book of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

A Pocket!!

Zucchini Bread