Doing something different
"If you want something you've never had before, you've got to do something you've never done before" ~ Drina Reed
What does this mean to me? I feel that this can be applied to many different things. If you want to live a healthier lifestyle, but have never been able to give up the sugar or spend some time to exercise, ... you won't be able to reach your goal if you are not willing to do something that you have never been willing to do before. If you want to change your career / job, you have to be willing to take a step out of your comfort zone and apply for something you have never done before.
We become stuck in our comfort zones and everyday routines. If we take a chance and do something different, we might be surprised at what we are capable of.
I write this as Richard and I have wanted to have a better lifestyle for our family. We want to be able to send our children to a better school, move to a place where there is more than one bathroom, a place where I can allow my children to play in the front yard without worrying about who is walking by or speeding down the street. We want to be able to take them to different places so they can experience the world. We want to be able to help our families that are struggling financially.. But this CAN'T happen if we continue doing the same thing that we have been doing everyday for the last 13 years.
We have decided to make some changes.. they require us to step out of our comfort zone and to do things that might be scary but I am willing to do it because I have a dream. I want to check back in one year and be able to say that things are different and that we are doing things that we have never done before.
Comments
Post a Comment