5 Passions

1.  My family:  I love being a mother and a homemaker.  I can't say that I am the best and sometimes struggle with the daily "chores" but I love my family.  It isn't always easy and I struggle to know what the "right" things to do but we learn and grow together.


2.  Nursery:  I have said this many, many times but I love being in the nursery.  Often, this is a calling in the church that is sometimes hard to fill and many people will not accept a calling in the nursery, but I have basically been in the nursery since I graduated from High School.  My first calling as an "adult" was in the nursery and I love being around the children.  It isn't always easy, and sometimes yes, there are kids that are high spirited and full of life that make you want to pull your hair but there is nothing better than the spirits of the children and being able to teach them about our Heavenly Father and Jesus.


3.  Pictures:  I love, Love, LOVE pictures.  I don't think that I am very talented with taking "professional" pictures but I love to take pictures and just sit and look back through them.  I am often behind the camera and not in front but I love looking through the camera to snap a picture. AND  I love pictures of my family.  One of the best gifts I can receive, is a picture of someone ~ especially if it is an ancestor that has passed on.

4.  I love to cook.  I am not very creative and can't just "throw" something together, but I CAN follow a recipe and love to try new things.  I enjoy baking.  I feel that right now, I don't have a lot of time to bake and make goodies, but one day I will.

5.  Reading:  I love to read but lately, life hasn't allowed me the time to curl up with a good book.  I remember growing up and being soo excited to go to the library to find a new book to read.  I feel that I have failed to instill that love in my children.  Perhaps we can work on that this summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

A Pocket!!

Zucchini Bread