I just wanted to put a few thoughts down - inspired by a post written by one of my best friends ever. Growing up, I only had a few friends. I was friendly with a LOT of people and knew a lot of people but there were only a handful of people that I considered my FRIEND. As the years have gone by since graduating high school, we have gone our separate ways and have lost some communication but I am grateful for technology that allows us to be reconnected - yes, I am talking about Facebook. I have in the last 15 years replaced time out with friends, phone calls, lunch time, class projects, etc.. with my family. I now am a mom and my life revolves around my children and husband. I love being a mom and yes, it isn't always easy but I still value the friendships that I have. I wanted to post this note that was written by my friend Sara about me ~ written to my children. She is amazing. (I actually was surprised at how much ...
Sometimes we all need a reminder to take a step back and remember and enjoy the small things of life. There is nothing quite like the excitement on a 1 year old's face as they discover that they have a pocket!! It is so exciting and the possibilites of filling it are endless!! As time goes on, we get busy and weighed down with the burdens of life and often forget to look at the small stuff. Take time and stop and find the excitement of a pocket!! You never know what you will find... Ok, so it may not be as exciting as it is to a child but stop and enjoy life. Remember what is important.
Zucchini Bread Ok, so I don't normally blog about recipes nor am I a professional food blogger / photo taker. But .. this I do have to share. I have to thank the guy at work who brought in bread then wrote down the recipe and gave it to another guy who copied and passed it along to my dear hubby. This was my first attempt. It was wonderful. So I proceeded to make 3 more loaves of which only 2 are left of the total of 4 that I made yesterday. oh, and Yes, that is a fire extinguisher in the background.. apparently, since I started a fire on the stove the other week, my hubby decided that I needed a new, working (since the one under the sink isn't working) fire extinguisher in arms reach.. that's why is it on the counter. So.. There is a secret to this wonderful, fabulous, I will always make this recipe kind of bread. And here it is. Yup!! PUDDING! I had to buy this brand because that was all t...
Comments
Post a Comment