Blog Challenge Day 18: Fear
What am I afraid of? Well, lots of things.
The normal things like losing a member of my family, being in an accident by a person who isn't paying attention, Richard losing his job, the kids wandering off and me not seeing, losing Brayden because of all of his medical issues but you really want the other fears I am sure.
1. Spiders
Any and all spiders - I don't care that I am WAY bigger then them. I think this started when we were living in Westlake and the room that I was in the drywall didn't meet up with the floor and it was easy access for bugs. It got to the point where I had to shake out my shoes before I put them on in case something crawled inside them. The breaking point was crawling into bed one night, I got up to go to the bathroom when I came back I turned on light and got into bed again this time lifting the covers as I did and there was spiders in bed with me. That was it! I moved into my sister's room or slept in the family room :)
2. Water
I don't know why I am afraid of water but I get little anxiety attacks when I am around it. I took swimming lessons once when I was a child but I don't know why I don't like it now. I have a fear of being under water and not being able to breath. I don't like to get my face wet, I will turn my back in the shower so my face stays dry and honestly, I will only wash my face a few times a week. I have the kids in swimming lessons - I don't want them afraid like I am.
3. Speed
I don't know why, but I feel so out of control. I think this is why I don't like to ski because I feel like I have no control. I have a hard time riding my bike fast because I am afraid of it, I don't like roller-blades for the same reason. I always wanted to buy a motorcycle, but I think I could never get one because I am too afraid of going fast!
4. Being Lost
There have been many times I have called Richard because I am lost. I cry, am scared and he always gets me back on track. I loved driving the Pruis because the GPS system had a nifty button that I just had to push and it would tell me how to get home. I need a garmin GPS!




Comments
Post a Comment