Blog Challenge: Day 5

hummm...  "My guilty pleasure"..

This is a hard one.  Do I write about chocolate, cool whip?  Ahh.. the perfect one!!  My feet.  NO, I don't like my feet touched.  I would rather everyone leave them alone.  In fact, I have only ever had 2 pedicures and the first one I walked out with just about all of my toes bleeding and the second one I had a rather large "oops" across the bottom of my foot..  so I really have never had a third or beyond.  I have always said that I am willing to try a bad thing more than once just in case the second time it is better but in this case..  yeah, I will probably never have another pedicure in my life.

So, my feet...  I love fun, crazy socks but not just any sock.. they have to be knee high.  And matching.  I don't prefer to wear different socks on each foot.  This started probably 12 years ago when I was hired as an interpreter for the deaf in Adams 12.  When you are interpreting, as per the code of ethics, it is important to wear (in my case being fair skinned) dark, solid color shirts so that my hands will stand out for the recipient.  Well, you can only wear dark, solid colors for so long before you have to change it up a bit.. enter the socks.  I started wearing fun socks and my student noticed and it became a fun conversation piece for the students.  In fact, other interpreters did it too.  I started with calf and ankle socks but with each pregnancy, my varicose veins got worse and the knee high socks provided some relief with the pressure.  Since then, it has been knee high and only knee high.

Richard just has learned to not say anything and look the other way because yes, I will even wear them to church with my long skirts.. hey, I am in the nursery!!  The kids don't care :)

Comments

  1. I love funky socks too. I would wear different ones on each foot to work all the time. When you have to wear the same kind of clothing everyday - shaking it up with cool socks gives everyone something to talk about :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

A Pocket!!

Zucchini Bread